Thursday, November 4, 2010

Guest Heart Thursday #30


Welcome to Guest Heart Thursday!
A Place to Share YOUR Hearts!

"Living on the Edge" is Carolyn's wonderful blog chronicling her life in British Columbia, Canada ... Her motto "Living simply so others may simply live" touches my heart and soul.

On her Halloween post, she had some of the largest carved pumpkins I've seen. And look - there were hearts in one of those big guys! You really should check out her blog to see the size of these monster pumpkins!

Thank you, Carolyn, for sharing your life. And your hearts!


Laura, over at "Shine the Divine: Creativity is A Spiritual Practice" continues to be an inspiration to me.

Laura writes ... "This heart is special because it is filled with compassion toward my body that is unwell because of MS. It is a piece of challah, a special bread we eat on the Sabbath and on Holy Days. This little slice (that somehow managed to be cut into a heart shape-I suppose God's little reminder to be compassionate) is from our special round Challah from the evening meal before the beginning of Yom Kippur."

Thank you, Laura, for sharing your heart ... your soul ... your compassion ... your inspiration.


Owen (AKA Mr. Toad) lives in Paris, where he wanders the countryside taking the most amazing photos and posting them on his blog - Magic Lantern Show (AKA Mr. Toad's Travel Diary). I love how he sees the world ... and the beauty that so many of us would walk by and dismiss.

He recently did a "red" post ... which was quite amazing ... where he found this beautiful and delicate flower, er, HEART!

Thank you, Owen, for sharing your heart!
((Someday you WILL find your dream house ... keep looking!))


Wayne is an incredible photographer. His blog, "Wayne Woodruff Photography", is one of my favorites to visit! I really like that he explains the technical side of what he does ... even though I am too "technologically challenged" to understand most of it! Someday I will!

Wayne submitted this picture of an outdoor light globe for Weekend Reflections. As I admired the fractured beauty of this simple shot, I found the heart. Do you see it?

Thank you, Woody, for sharing your heart!


I am dedicating this "burned paper heart" to my friend Nadine and her husband Wally.
I've known Nadine since the 3rd grade ... over 40 years ago now.

Nadine's husband had surgery on Tuesday and Wednesday to repair an artery in his brain that was weakening and causing seizures. During the first part of the surgery, the surgeon nicked a small hole in the artery, causing blood to escape into his brain.

During the panic that ensued, many friends and family dropped everything to pray for Wally. People who didn't even know him.

Nadine called yesterday, to let me know there were no lasting effects from the "complication", and Wally was even well enough to go through the second half of the original surgery.

It went well. Wally will be in the hospital for a week or so, recovering.
Thank you to all who prayed for Wally and Nadine.

As for the heart ... well I think BEAUTY FROM ASHES is absolutely perfect here!


A huge thank you to all who participated in Guest Heart Thursday last week. I loved seeing the amazing hearts you found in your world!

If you have found a heart (or drawn a heart, or designed a heart, or ...), please join us for Guest Heart Thursday. Just link the URL of your heart to Linky!
The link will be open from Thursday morning until Sunday night.

Have you found more than one heart?
Put in more than one link!
Is your heart from a long time ago?
It doesn't matter, as long as you put the direct URL link to that post!



12 comments:

☺lani☺ said...

Lovely Thursday once again! Nice hearts up there :). Almost weekend, have one everyone!

Dani said...

WOW! This is one great choice of hearts. So inspiring!

Have a great heart day, everyone!

LauraX said...

Clytie, I am so deeply grateful to you for your friendship, for this amazing practice of looking for heart/love/compassion in random places!!! Truly it is a beautiful spiritual practice that is now part of my life! AND THANK YOU FOR BEING MY SPECIAL GUEST HOST TODAY!!! I hope other guest heart thursday readers will stop by to read what your have shared from your heart on my blog today!!!
xo

Beth Niquette said...

I am so glad Nadine is alright and that Wally has been through the second surgery successfully. Wow!

All of these hearts are just SO amazing...and I love your choices for Guest Heart Thursday. They are just wonderful.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm here from your post on Laura's blog. What a delightful surprise! I love your focus and your wonderful and will be back for more.

Lois said...

They are all wonderful Clytie!

Tammie Lee said...

It is wonderful that you have honored all these wonderful bloggers and their great hearts!

Nina P. said...

Oh what have I missed. I go away for a summer of chaos and life and come back to this wonderful, beautiful heartfelt post of yours. You always bring a tear of joy and a smile of hope into the soul. You are a ray of sunshine spreading your hearts around. Showing us that LOVE is EVERYWHERE we just have to ope our eyes and see. Many Blessings to you and yours dear soul. Love and Light, Nina P

Owen said...

Hi Clytie, Thanks a million for sharing the red flowered heart here ! Beth suggested I come take a look, I really really appreciate the link, and am thrilled that you liked the photo that much !
Many happy hearts to you...

Ebie said...

I pray for Wally's speedy recovery. Thanks for honoring your guest heart friends.

Sorry, I am late.

Woody said...

Clytie, I searched that globe for quite a while *before* I posted because I like to alert you if I find a heart. I never found it because I was looking in the pattern of lines. If you 'take a step back', it's right there, duh on my part.

I am very flattered by yours and Beth's comments. It's very flattering and motivating!

Sunny said...

I always enjoy seeing all the found hearts, I hope I will have a contribution soon!
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
☼ Sunny