Monday, March 14, 2011

Heart-felt Thank-Yous!


I am stunned and honored that "Random Hearts" is the recipient of TWO awards!

Texwisgirl over at "The Runaround Ranch Report" surprised and honored me with this beautiful "One Lovely Blog" award.

Texwisgirl is fast becoming a dedicated heart seeker, and I appreciate her so much. I love her blog ... especially the critters that she photographs so beautifully!

But what really blows my mind about Texwisgirl are her STUNNING drawings, mostly of birds. What a talented artist she is ... and this is just a hobby!

Thank you for this award, my friend.

I am to pass this award on to 8 newly discovered blogs ... which I will do now ...

Darlene of "A Dancing Mango"
Mark of "Mark Gibson's Blog - An Ongoing Voyage of Discovery"
Inger of "A Picture In Time"
Susannah of "Wanderin' Weeta (with Waterfowl and Weeds)"
Marlendy of "Marges8's Blog"
Beth of "Geometric"
Boki of "Ninas y corazones"
Lynette of "Portland Oregon Daily Photo"

And I just have to add a 9th to this list ...

Rick of "Found Hearts by Rick Ruggles"

If you do not accept awards for your blog, that's okay! I still love and appreciate you!

There are so many more blogs out there I would love to name. I want you to know how much I enjoy Guest Heart Thursday, and the hearts you share. I love going back through YOUR blogs and seeing how many wonderful, kind, friendly, TALENTED heart seekers and artists there are out there.


Darlene over at "A Dancing Mango" is another AWESOME artist that you should check out. Darlene's work takes my breath away ... and wouldn't you know it, she is one of the kindest, gentlest, most genuinely sweet people I've had the pleasure of meeting in Blogland!!!

When Darlene gave me this "Stylish blogger Award", I was again stunned and honored. Thank you, Darlene. I'm sorry it took so long to post this.

The "Stylish Blogger Award" says I have to say 10 things about myself, then pass on to 7 other blogs that I know and love.

So here goes ...

1. I am turning 50 this year!
2. I started finding hearts by accident.
3. I am a middle child (3rd out of 6).
4. I was interviewed on "Good Morning America" after the first Gulf War ... as a part of "Operation Desert Stork" (ouch, the twins are now 19!).
5. I always wanted to be an artist, and didn't realize until recently that I really am!
6. I love nature ... the forest ... and the ocean.
7. My sisters are my best friends.
8. I had a stroke at age 48 ... from which I have MOSTLY recovered (I still slur my words when I get upset or tired, and my eyesight is BETTER than before the stroke!)
9. I love old books and ephemera.
10. I love to blog, it has opened up my world in a way I never would have believed possible.

Now I have to choose 7 blogs that I know and love. How can I choose??? I recently made a list of the WONDERFUL people who have inspired me in one way or another since I started blogging, and the list is nearly 100 names long! One of them is probably YOU!!!

So, at random, I am going to name 7.

Terry of "Lady Liberty Patriot"
Prospero of "Serendipitous Garden"
Wayne of "Wayne Woodruff Photography"
Robert of "Daily Athens"
Owen of "Magic Lantern Show"
LouLou of "Indiaphragme"
Costas of "Nature Digital"

Again, if you don't accept awards for your blog, that's okay! I love and appreciate you all, including those of you NOT on this list. In fact ... even if you're not on this list, please consider yourself AWARDED!!! Just come over, copy the award, then post it with 10 things about yourself!

Thank you Texwisgirl and Darlene for these awards. How I feel goes beyond words ... my day is brightened, and there is a crazy-happy smile all over my face!


12 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Oh, I'm so glad, Clytie! My first visit here from someone else's blog had me hooked and I try to guide folks over to your site all the time that discover hearts.

Sorry to learn of your stroke! But if there's a bright side, it would have to be the improved vision! Twins?! Yikes! Loved that your sisters are your best friends. I wish I lived closer to mine...

You're a treasure and I appreciate all the love you share with us thru the hearts you find and sharing those found by others. :)

I know some of the blogs you named. I've got some visiting to do...

Trisha said...

Congrats!! I found your blog through Run a round ranch :) Glad I did! I love the idea of finding hearts!! Looking forward to reading more of your blog :)

Inger-M said...

Wow, Clytie, first: congratulations to you on receiving no less than 2 awards. You deserve them so much! Your blog is so beautiful, and you spread so much love and joy through it and through Guest Heart Thursday. I am so grateful I found you!

Then, I am so surprised, and totally blown away by being given an award, my first one ever! Thank you sooooo much! I am so honored to be in the company of such great bloggers!

And of course you can feature my picture, I'd be honored, again! :-)

Owen said...

Hi Clytie, that is really, really kind of you ! Am not sure that I'll have time to pass it on, but I appreciate big time that you thought of the Magic Lantern...

All best to you and the abandoned church, and sisters... must be wonderful to have sisters...

Patty said...

Congratulations on your awards. How nice. Thanks for your visits. Hope you've been finding more hearts then you know what to do with.

Lynette said...

Clytie, congratulations. And thanks so much for the One Lovely Blog Award. I'm not sure yet how to get it and put it on my blog, but I will figure it out soon. Promise.

The orange peel heart and poetry is brilliant, honey.

Naturedigital said...

Thank you for the award Clytie. I really feel honored.
I hope you do not mind though that I have decided not to publish any more in my blog. There were too many coming my way at some time.. and it was time consuming to take part in the game.
I will be looking forward to see my "heart" being published my you again.
I have searched but could not find it in my photographs.
But I will be uploading one, specially for you soon, when I will publish photographs from San Francisco.
Have a great day.
Costas

Woody said...

Thank you Clytie, it's very thoughtful of you.

A Dancing Mango said...

Clytie,
Thank you soooooooooo much for the award!
You are the one who is so AWESOME!!
Aweee.. thank you dear Clytie.. and I hope you enjoy your reward too!
Hugs, DArlene

Boki said...

well done for the beautiful awards! and thank you so much for passing my first one to me! it's very sweet and i shall wear it happily on my blog!
xx

Dani said...

You did deserve them.

Congrats, dear Clytie.
I'm so happy I found you on the blogland.
Have a lovely day. :)

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Sissy! Thank you for featuring Geometric! It's a new venture of mine--so I'm deeply honored you would have chosen this blog out of SO many wonderful artists, photographers and fabulous folks.

((hugs)) You are amazing, my darling Sis!