Monday, September 28, 2009

Deconstruction Moss


The old "temporary" addition to the back of the house was rotten. It had to go. Saturday was the work party, and my sister, brother-in-law, and a wonderful friend of my parents came to tear it down. The guys did the heavy stuff (I think they had too much fun!) while us girls carted away loads of debris, and mom did the food thing.

As Beth and I did a final clean-up of the smaller stuff, we were amazed when we saw this piece of moss hanging from a nail - on the piece of wood I was getting ready to throw onto the burn pile.

4 comments:

Deann said...

Looks like this little warm fuzzy was just hanging in there waiting for you to find him.
Sounds like you're getting a lot done for your Dad and Mom, what wonderful kids you are.

Nina said...

Though a heart may become tattered and pierced, it holds on. Beating with Love and determination, it will survive.

You capture such stories with your photograph's. I'm so thankful you share them with me here. If I could only see through your eyes.... but we each have our own views to capture in life. May you continue to see and share the hearts of life. Thank you again Clytie.

It sounds like a productive work weekend. Blessings to you and yours. May your hearts fill with Healing Love that your hands never mind the work. Love and Light, Nina P

Beth Niquette said...

Wow--that picture turned out so well. I couldn't believe it when you showed it to me. Hearts seek you out, Sissy! And I, too love the stories and special thoughts which go along with each one.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

I've let a small portion of my yard revert to semi-wildness and because the recent summers have been warmer and wetter than usual, I've had lots of interesting finds like this - including a basketball-sized orange blob!
Evelyn in Montreal