Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pressed Heart Lost ... And Found


Last Spring, on one of my walks in the woods, I carried with me an old journal. I was going to start a nature journal ... but as with some of my good intentions, I misplaced it, then forgot.

This morning I came upon my missing journal. It had been left out in the damp ... exposed to the elements ... for all these months.

As I leafed through the pages, I came upon this pressed wild ginger leaf and flower.
I was intrigued by the stain pattern on the page ...

I thought it made a delightful combination - a wild heart surrounded by nature's artwork.


8 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm so happy you are reunited with your journal and what a delightful treasure to find inside :)
☼ Sunny

kavita said...

Glad that you found back this beautiful pressed heart! It is delightful !

Halcyon said...

I think it's perfect! It just needed a little time to grow before you "found" it again.

Beth Niquette said...

I agree with Halcyon--it's perfect and needed some time to reach perfection!

bicocacolors said...

you found a treasure!
really beautiful composition!
I like a lot!!!

Dani said...

wow, so precious. It is perfect indeed.

Grannie Annie said...

Isn't it funny how something so simple can be so beautiful...extraordinary! Love you.

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Clytie,
It amazes me how you can find people and artifact with so many hearts so often..
Love you.. miss you.. hugs, Darlene