Friday, May 7, 2010

Leaf Heart Eaten


The past few days have been a joy to me - I've been able to spend an hour or so each day tramping through the woods - if only sissie were here to share it!

I found this heart-shaped insect eaten hole in a huge leaf at the bottom of the canyon near the creek. As I leaned over to take a picture, I noticed the late afternoon sunlight highlighting a leaf under the hole ... creating this beautiful bright green heart.

And yes, I see the little shadowy heart on it's side just below.


11 comments:

Lois said...

It almost looks like a green butterfly too! Just wanted to let you know that on Sunday I am posting a random heart I found this week.

Beth Niquette said...

Ooooh, that is just beautiful, Sissy! Ah, I wish I could have been walking with you. I do. I miss you so much! Next week, k?!

This is such a great photo! Truly a random heart!

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful photo and find.
so lovely that you are enjoying time wandering, that is such a gift!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful hearts!

Beth Niquette said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sissy! And Happy Mum's Day, too! ((((hugs))))

Grannie Annie said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISSY CEA!!!
May you have another great year of tracking hearts...and a Happy Mothers Day too!
Love you...you're the best!

Lucy said...

Happy birthday!!! Happy mothers day also.

Halcyon said...

What a great heart. I love it!

sheri... said...

word has it that someone special has a birthday!!! congratulation, big hugs and a warm wish for the year ahead :)

Terra said...

Your sister says today is special, and I agree, so Happy Birthday. Happy Mums Day too.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Random Hearts, from Mary @ aplethoraofpostcards.blogspot.com

Keep posting the hearts - they are wonderful!