Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another graffiti Heart




I have been trying to get back into the swing of things, with my goal being to post a heart a day for a while. Sometimes life gets in the way.

Yesterday I was stung on the hand by a bald faced hornet.
Within half an hour I was breaking out into hives.
Even after taking 2 allergy tabs, the hives continued to spread. And ITCH.

I ended up at the ER, and was told I am allergic to hornets! (ya think???)

They pumped me with all kinds of antihistamines and things. The itching faded, as did the hives. The doctor told me I may have stopped breathing had I not thought to take the two allergy tablets at home before I came in.
For 24 hours I have to take medicine - that's how long the toxins will stay in my system.

Sigh. I only hope I will feel well enough to go outside this afternoon and flip a rock!



2 comments:

tapirgal said...

Yikes! I'm glad it all turned out OK. I am always amazed at the endless forms of hearts you find!

Maria said...

Wow! It was quick thinking and smart that you took those two allergy tablets at home!

That happened to my mother before and the doctor said the same thing. It wasn't because of a hornet sting though but because of her allergic rhinitis.