Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Puzzle Tree


When I was about 4 I was fascinated with pine trees, and the way their bark flaked off in the shapes of puzzle pieces. I must have collected a million of them when we took a driving trip to Yellowstone. That year for my birthday my parents took me to a nursery and I got to pick out my very own "puzzle tree", a small sapling almost as tall as I was.

A few (ahem!) years have passed since then, and my tree is all growed up, straight and tall. It still isn't old enough to "puzzle" very well, but I found my tree has given me a wonderful heart.

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

I remember that! Ever since you called pine trees "puzzle trees" that's what they've been to me. Puzzle trees, and I've always loved them because of you.

How lovely that your dear little puzzle tree gave you such a gorgeous heart!