Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grafitti Hearts - From The Abandoned


They sneak in at all hours of the day and night ...
The walls of the abandoned mega-church are their canvas.
They create art.
And some not-so-art.


They sneak in at all hours of the day and night ...
The walls of the abandoned mega-church are their canvas.
They destroy art.
And some not-so-art.

They both leave behind hearts ...

And something else.
I have been picking up these broken bits of grafitti that litter the floor of this place. The colors and patterns are just too beautiful to let go to a dumpster somewhere ... I scrape off the drywall still adhering to the backs of these pieces, and bring them home.

And decided to make ...

Street He'Art'
(3 1/2" x 2 1/2")

My first attempt is on the side bar to the right.
What do you think?


10 comments:

Halcyon said...

I love your street heArt! What a wonderful idea to turn destruction into something positive.

Dani said...

very unique idea. This street heArt is just amazing. Love it.

Thank you, Clytie.

Hugs,
Dani

Beth Niquette said...

I think it is exquisite, Sissy--He'Art art from The Abandoned is totally cool.

You are a true artist, Sissy.

~Cheryl said...

Your re-creation is beautiful! Sounds like a tedious process -- it's easy to tell that you really put your heart into your work! ♥

Sunny said...

A very cool idea and I really like the Street He'Art'. You are so creative :)
☼ Sunny

Woody said...

Brilliant idea, I really like the "Street He'Art'"!! I used to despise graffiti, but I realized that some of the work is really spectacular. I have a problem if the 'canvas' is something inappropriate.

Jeannette StG said...

Redeeming graffiti -that's a cool thought! - who knows some of the ones who did the graffiti will see it on your blog:) there's a compassionate parent/mother inside of you, Clytie!

Deann said...

Cea...You are such a special soul. Like you I think some of what is called graffiti is wonderful and too great to be painted over or thrown away. I like the bottom picture it looks like it should be titled "Kicked in the Heart" Good work kiddo...Love you.

Lois said...

That place has a life of its own doesn't it?

Cheryl said...

Wow, the street he'art is wonderful, as the saying goes "out of the ashes....". You certainly see the beauty in what others might just ignore or disregard.